Why We give
Giving is part of what it means to follow Jesus!
Grace Giving: At Calvary we teach a concept called “Grace Giving” By that we believe that Christians are called to give not out of obligation or rules, but out of response to the Grace of God. Rather than insisting on a certain amount or percent, Grace Giving means that each of us give generously, joyfully, voluntarily, proportionally and regularly as God leads us. For some, that may mean giving just a little and for others it will mean giving a lot. But each of us who call ourselves followers of Jesus are called to give in response to God’s grace.
How we give
We see in God’s Word numerous teachings for each believer in regards to money. Scripture provides encouragement so that we can…
Where Does the money go?
When you give, the money allows our church to do ministry in 3 primary areas….
We are serious about making sure money at Calvary is handled properly
- Calvary Community Church is committed to honoring God’s provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability to ensure the financial integrity of Calvary Community remains above reproach. We accomplish this through a system of internal controls and an internal budgeting and reporting process.
- In addition, an annual audit is performed by an independent certified public accounting firm, CapinCrouse LLP.
- Calvary Community Church is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA). ECFA is an accreditation agency that is dedicated to helping Christian ministries uphold high standards for responsible stewardship. For more information on ECFA, visit www.ecfa.org.
- Anyone may request a copy of Calvary Community’s most recently audited financial statements. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818.991.8040 to ask general questions about our financial practices.
Privacy & refund policy
Information about our privacy & refund policy at Calvary
1. Acquisition of Information. We do not acquire any more information about consumers than is required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely.
2. Our Employees and Privacy. We train all of our employees about the importance of privacy. We give access to information about consumers only to those employees who require it to perform their jobs.
3. Security Measures. We make access to privacy-sensitive information subject to rigorous procedural and technological controls, consistent with legal requirements and the demands of customer service.
4. Disclosure to Third Parties. We will provide individually-identifiable information about consumers to third parties only if we are compelled to do so by order of a duly-empowered governmental authority, we have the express permission of the consumer, or it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.
All donations are considered final.