Enrichment day camp for Elementary studentsNEXT Launch IS OCTOBER 12, 2020
Registration Is Now Open for Unit 2!
Camp BOOST is broken into five stations/rotations. Each station is 30+ minutes:
- Schoolwork Help – encourage children through core competencies of Reading, Writing, and Math with help in executive functioning (i.e. “what are you working on?” “what is the next step?” etc); 1:1 help with appropriate distancing measures in place; parents will send in specific area that need a little “extra” attention.
- Story Time – fill the gap for parents reading aloud to their children and engage in discussion to help increase reading/listening comprehension.
- Group Games – games that foster social communication and fun playing a game with friends; games focus more on communication and working strategies cooperatively with peers than physical exertion.
- P.E. – physically active games, both individual and team, that fall into a new category of “recess replacement games” with appropriate distancing protocols; the goal is to run, be active, and play; social activity with others.
- Art – individual art stations and projects; goal is to encourage creativity and imagination.
Camp BOOST offers eight Units beginning September 14, 2020 with following units continuing through June 3, 2021.
Registration would be for ONE Unit (essentially 4 weeks/1month):
- Fall Unit 1: Sep 14 – Oct 8
- Fall Unit 2: Oct 12 – Nov 5
- Fall Unit 3: Nov 9 – Dec 10
(extra week due to Thanksgiving break)
- NO CAMP: Dec 11 – Jan 10 (Holiday break)
- Winter Unit 1: Jan 11 – Feb 4
- Winter Unit 2: Feb. 8 – Mar 4
- Spring Unit 1: Mar 8 – Apr 8
(extra week due to Spring break)
- Spring Unit 2: Apr 12 – May 6
- Spring Unit 3: May 10 – Jun 3
Registration will close for each Unit the Friday prior to beginning of Unit OR when Unit is full. If the Unit fills before registration closes, a wait-list will be created to facilitate additions if any families drop from the Unit.
Camp BOOST offers families two-day/week or four-day/week options with a choice between mornings or afternoons:
2 DAYS/WEEK: MORNING $175/Unit
1. Mon/Fri 8:00-11:30AM
2. Tues/Thurs 8:00-11:30AM
2 DAYS/WEEK: AFTERNOON $175/Unit
1. Mon/Wed 2:15-5:45PM
2. Tues/Thurs 2:15-5:45PM
4 DAYS/WEEK: MORNING or AFTERNOON $300/Unit (drop-off 8-8:30am or 2:15-2:45pm)
1. Mon/Tues/Thur/Fri 8:00-11:30AM
2. Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs 2:15-5:45PM
Times are attempting to fit within the public and private school plans that have been outlined for the 2020-21 school year. Families can select the time available to them by their school system.
Things to know
WHAT TO BRING
- All campers will need a mask which is to be worn as soon as camper exits vehicle at check-in
- Please CLICK HERE to print camp waivers. Please read, sign, and bring both waivers to the first day of camp
- Campers should bring a backpack/bag labeled with their name on it. Camper’s belongings will be kept in their backpack/bag placed in an individual designated space
- Each camper will need to bring school work they may need assistance with and a book they are reading
- Please do NOT send a device
- Campers are asked to bring a beach towel or throw blanket parents don’t not mind being placed on ground or grass
- Each camper will need to bring their own water bottle labeled with their name on it. Water will be available for refilling
- Campers may bring a snack. Snacks cannot be shared. Please be sensitive to allergies of other campers
- Campers should bring their own “SPRAY” sunscreen labeled with their name
- Campers will be placed in groups of 8-10 according to age/grade with one staff member Camp will not be offering open programming or “free choice”
- Family members will be grouped together according to guidelines
- Campers will complete all games and activities with their group
- Campers may not switch groups according to the guidelines
More things to know
- Masks will be worn at all times by all staff and campers
- Campers will be advised to keep 6 feet of distance between themselves and other campers as much as possible. At minimum an arm’s length distance will always be maintained
- Plexiglass shields will be utilized where appropriate during activities
- During activities at tables, spaces will be marked to help students have a visual of safe distancing
- Staff will ensure their group maintains a 15-20 ft. distance from another group of campers
Sanitizing & hand washing
- All staff and campers must wash/sanitize hands before and after each activity/game
- In addition to sanitizing high touch surfaces, staff are required to sanitize all activity areas after group has used it. Staff are also required to disinfect game equipment that is used after each group
- All staff are required to wear a face mask and other PPE as appropriate for the task they are completing
- All crafts and activities will be pre-bagged or sorted for each camper with the supplies that they will need
Check-In and pick-up
- Morning check: 8:00-8:30am; Afternoon check-in: 2:15-2:45pm
- Check-in and check-out will be conducted curbside in a car line style
- Parents should remain in their car
- Temperature checks will be given to campers at check-in
- Staff will have parents sign in campers using a tablet
- Masks are to be worn as soon as camper exits vehicle
- Campers will sanitize their hands and be sent to their assigned group
- Campers must always be with their group
- Parents should remain in their car
- Staff will call for campers
- Staff will have parent sign out campers