A day at Adventure weeks
A typical day consists of chapel time, worship, group games, lunch, outdoor recreation, or pool time, and field trips on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Due to scheduling changes or heat, please note some days may end with a movie for the last half hour of camp. We show Pixar/Disney movies predominately with board games available for those who do not wish to watch.
Check-in & Pick Up
Check-in takes place in the lobby. Please find an available kiosk and follow the screen prompts.
During check-in, 2 stickers per camper will print: 1 name sticker to be placed on camper’s camp shirt; 1 name sticker to be placed by the camper on their counselor’s clipboard inside Room 1108.
A security code sticker will also print, which matches the code on your camper’s sticker. This code is REQUIRED for all pick-ups. Please note there is only one security code per family.
Pick-up is outside of Room 1108. Again, you must show your security code sticker or photo of the code for your camper to be released. We will announce camper’s name and have them come to the door. If someone else is picking up your child, they must have the security code sticker or a photo of the code on their phone at pick-up.
EARLY PICK UP
Please notify us of any early pick-up requests via email. We will do our best to have your camper waiting in Room 1108. If you are picking up early during pool time on Monday, Wednesday, or Fridays, we ask that you pick up at the Oaks Christian pool. If we are not made aware of early pick-up on pool days, your camper’s belongings will be in 1108, so you will need to pick items up there.
LATE FEE PAST 4PM PICK-UP
There is a $10 late fee every five (5) minutes late after 4:00pm. The fee will be charged and is due immediately. In addition, at 4:15pm, camper will be placed in Extended Care, and you will be charged an additional $65.
What to bring
- Camp shirts are to be worn everyday
- “Spray” sunscreen. Please apply long-lasting sunscreen at home in the morning before arriving to camp. Camp staff will remind campers to apply sunscreen
- Backpack/bag. Camper’s belongings will be kept in their backpack/bag placed in a designated area
- Sack lunch, snacks, and water bottle all labeled with camper’s name. Lunches are placed in group’s wagon each morning. We don’t have a set snack time, but camper’s can get a snack from their bags at any time. Water will be available for refilling. Please be sensitive to allergies of other campers. We ask that you do not pack food with peanuts
- On pool days, bring a towel, “spray” sunscreen, flip flops if desired, and have camper wear their swimsuit under their camp shirt. You must email the Camp Directors of any water safety/swimming ability concerns
- Closed-toe shoes are recommended based on our activities. Closed-toe shoes are required on the buses and vans. Flip flops can be packed in backpack for the pool
- LABEL ALL ITEMS with your child’s FIRST AND LAST NAME. We are not responsible for personal items brought to Adventure Weeks and strongly recommend campers leave expensive items at home.
- Campers should NOT bring outside toys, such as action figures, stuffed animals, trading cards, electronic game devices, etc., to camp. We are not responsible for any loss or damage to personal items.