Calvary leadership's approach to gathering
The following video and statements are the guiding principles that brought our leadership to this decision and the commitments of our church going forward.
- We remain committed to honoring the governing authorities as commanded in the Bible. (Romans 13:1-7, 1 Peter 2:13-17)
- We understand that recent court decisions and government language acknowledge our freedom to worship and give us some latitude for how we can gather.
- We are committed to the health and safety of our congregation and our community and therefore will practice social distancing, wearing masks, staying home if sick and limited capacity when indoors.
- We will continue to assess and make changes based on the evolving nature of the pandemic.
- We will continue to keep the focus of our church on Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone.
You can view the whole message here and if you have questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Update: On December 19, 2020 (after this video was released) the Los Angeles Health Department updated its language to recognize the latitude of churches to meet indoors. Our approach to gathering is consistent with those updated guidelines and the commitments expressed in this recording.